Get Social With Facebook
Please join the J1 students’ community on Facebook. It’s a great way to connect with other J1 students, find out about parties and fun activities as well as getting the latest information about your stay in Myrtle Beach. To learn about local events, visit GrandStrandEvents.com and follow Grand Strand Events Facebook Page.
As you know, every country has many cultural differences. It will be easier for you to make friends and enjoy your stay if you understand some of the following customs:
• Introduce yourself by your first name.
• Greet people with a handshake.
• Dress and act very casual, especially in Myrtle Beach.
• Use greetings like “Hello” and ask “How are you?”
• Respect personal space. Generally we stand about one arm’s length away.
• Be on time to your appointments, arriving 15 minutes late is considered rude
Coupons & Savings
Please download a copy of the Official Myrtle Beach Visitor’s Guide Coupons and Savings book. From restaurants to attractions, you will find a lot of ways to save money along the Grand Strand.