Coast RTA is the public transportation provider for the Myrtle Beach area. to get around in the Grand Strand area.
Bus Fares: Student fares are $1.25 (US) each way and $0.25 to transfer routes on the same trip.
The City of Myrtle Beach sells select Coast RTA fare passes ($3 value or $10 value) through its City Services location, 921 Oak Street, Myrtle Beach, to J-1 students wishing to ride the bus. The City office is open 8 AM – 5 PM Monday-Friday. Fare passes may be purchased with cash, credit or debit cards through the cashier
For more information on Coast RTA passes, routes, and schedules call Coast RTA Customer Service at 843.488.0865 or visit RideCoastRTA.com.
To download the Coast RTA APP and track its buses in real-time: visit here or for more routes, visit here
Bicycles: Bike racks are available on each Coast RTA fixed route bus, accommodating two bikes per rack.
Please have your exact fare ready before boarding the bus. Bus drivers carry no money and cannot make change. If you need to transfer to another bus please ask the driver when you pay your fare for a transfer ticket. You cannot obtain a transfer ticket when you exit the bus. You must catch the next available bus traveling the route to which you transferred. When you board the second bus, give your transfer to the driver.
- Route 21: FREE Entertainment Express Line
- Route 7: Conway to Myrtle Beach
- Route 10: Myrtle Beach Connector (throughout Myrtle Beach)
- Route 15 N: North Ocean Boulevard
- Route 15 S: South Ocean
- Route 32: Charles Connector (Myrtle Beach to Charleston Boulevard)
- Rent/Buy bikes here: Map of Bike Lanes: Click Here
- Beach Bike Shop: www.beachbikeshop.com
- Bodacious Bob’s: www.beachbicycletours.com
- Pay attention when riding your bike and:
- Obey all traffic signals, signs, and pavement markings.
- Do not ride against the direction of traffic.
- Ride on the far right-hand side of the road.
- Use lights and reflectors when riding at night.
- Pay close attention to pedestrians.
- Be aware of auto drivers’ rights to turn right on red light.
The City of Myrtle Beach has created a Biking Mobile App which shows bicycle trails and walking paths in the city limits, in addition to, businesses that are considered friendly to bicyclists. To download: Click Here
MYR – Myrtle Beach International Airport
CHS – Charleston International Airport
ILM – Wilmington International Airport
CLT – Charlotte/Douglas International Airport
ATL – Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Direct Flights to/from Myrtle Beach Airport:
Charlotte, North Carolina
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
New York City, New York